Hong Kong / Britain
Click to Commission!
About Angela Ho
I am obsessed in drawing for many reasons, especially pencil on paper, they are down-to-earth, honest, modest but versatile, and it is also an everyday stationary that people use in daily basis. Perhaps it was the first drawing medium I and many other people have used, pencil reminds me of being a kid sometimes. It is almost like an escape from reality and allows me to enter a fantasyland, to indulge myself of being blessing ignorant. I draw to record my memories, experience and anything visual that is worth to remember but they are all autobiographical based, and I used this vision to communicate and breathe.
Young emerging artist who widely exhibited in the UK, including National Gallery and Victoria & Albert Museum, London, who is seeking an artistic position in Hong Kong where I can share my art experience and exhibit to the public.
- Highly experience portrait artist.
- Excellent freehand/photorealistic drawing and painting skills, including pencil, charcoal, watercolour, acrylic and oils.
- Excellent English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Chinese word processing.
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
Wimbledon School of Art
- Master in Arts Drawing, Merit, 2012
Chelsea College of Art and Design
- Bachelor of Fine Art, First Class Honour, 2010
Central St Martins College of Art and Design
- Fine Art Foundation Studies, Distinction, 2007
Private Art Tutor: Dec. 2005 - Present,
- Instruct pupils in art, such as painting, sketching, designing, and sculpturing.
- Help student to prepare portfolio for university submission.
- Prepare lesson plans and establish course goals.
- Observe and evaluate pupils' work in order to determine student progress or make suggestions for improvement.
- Confer with student and parents
- Accompany students on field trips to museums and art galleries.
- Taught weekend painting workshops and evening classes on a roistered basis to adults, both beginner and master-class.
Freelance Artist/Illustrator: Sept 2010 – present,
Commissioned Portrait Artist
- Specialised human and animal portrait by pencil or oil paint.
Westbury Farm Studio, Milton Keynes
- Resident Artist, hosted solo exhibition, talk and workshop to share my experience and engaged with the local community.
Victoria & Albert Museum, London
- Involved painting and curatorial management in the show “Food Glorious Food”
- Assisted the exhibition manager from administration to researching the potential partnership from the Far East.
Nuclear Fushion Exhibition, Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre
Hong Kong Contemporary, Excelsoir, Hong Kong
Illustrator at Aly and Rachelle (UK based Womenswear)
Commissioned Artist, specialist in pet portrait
Good Bye Art, Gloucestershire
MA Degree Show, Wimbledon School of Art
Foyer Exhibition, Wimbledon
The National Gallery, London
The Drawing Centre, Wimbledon School of Art
MK Fringe, Solo Exhibition at Milton Keynes City Shopping Centre
Rainbow Gallery, D.H Lawrance Heritage, Nottinghamshire- Solo Exhibition
Art’s Sharp Edge: An Exhibition of Controversy at The Lloyd Gill Gallery, Somerset
Parallax 2 Exhibition,
Barlow Fine Art Ltd, London
The Castle, Wellingborough- Solo Exhibition
Modern Panic, Guerilla Zoo, London
Food Glorious Food Exhibition, V&A Museum of Childhood, London
The Barn Gallery, Westbury Farm Studio, Milton Keynes, Solo Exhibition
NCN Lace Market Gallery, New College Nottingham, Solo
Chelsea College of Art and Design- Graduation Show
The Branda-Pye Portrait Award, Pimlico,
Interim Show, Pimlico, London
Magyar Képzõművészeti Egyetem, Budapest, Hungary-
Beautyexchange.com.hk- Online Exhibition (banner)
Second Year Show, Pimlico,London
Byam Shaw School of Art, Central St Martins Foundation Show
The Mead Scholarships and Fellowships
Guerilla Zoo Exhibition, Finalist
Freelance artist, V&A Museum of Childhood
Artist in Residence, Westbury Farm Studio, Milton Keynes
Artist in Residence, artist talk/workshop, NCN Lace Market Gallery, Nottingham
Eramus Exchange Scholarship
Should you be interested in working with the artist, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.