Painting/ Drawing & Illustration
Hong Kong / United States
Click to Commission! Shop
About Emily Eldridge
An American-born, Hong Kong adoptee, Emily Eldridge is a self-professed magpie for all things striking, odd, or unique. From the peculiar objects that cross her path, to the everyday articles we take for granted, Emily's obsession with aesthetics translates into her quirky illustrations, which incorporate acrylic, ink, house paint, or whatever other tidbits she can get her hands on!
A graduate from the Savannah College of Art & Design's illustration program, Emily has exhibited in Hong Kong, the United States, and Australia, and has been featured in Canada's Applied Arts magazine, Hong Kong's U-Magazine, Galleri Magazine, and Perspective magazine. Emily has collaborated with top Hong Kong department store Lane Crawford, as well as creating murals in both Hong Kong and Rome. These days, she considers herself not only an illustrator, but also an artist in every sense of the word. With work ranging from murals to paintings to sculptures to installations to hand-painted wearable art to street art... the list only goes on. Stay tuned as this artist continues to make waves in the Hong Kong art scene and beyond!
- 2004 BFA Illustration, Savannah College of Art & Design (summa cum laude)
- 2004 TESL Certificate Teaching English as a Second Language, US-China Education &
- 2002 Nominated Member of Special Topics Honors Class, Savannah Interiors, Savannah College
- 2000-04 Member of Dean’s List, Savannah College of Art & Design Culture Exchange, University of Bridgeport, CT., Qingzhou, Shandong Province, China; and Hangzhou and Lishui, Zhejiang Province, China of Art & Design
2005 – Present Artist-in-Residence, Yew Chung International School, Hong Kong
• Pioneered, initiated & developed the school’s first artist-in-residence program
• Utilized illustration skills and artistic vision to enhance the aesthetic appearance of the school through personal and collaborative art projects
• Fulfilled roles of illustrator, graphic designer, art director, project manager, interior designer, creative manager, layout editor, and photographer for numerous projects around the school’s 7 Hong Kong campuses
• Maintained involvement in Hong Kong’s art community
• Established friendly working relationship with English-speaking, bilingual, and Chinese-speaking teachers, staff, and local Hong Kong production houses, art supply and hardware stores
• Art directed and instructed students aged 2-19 on numerous projects including murals, sculptures, installations, and special events
• Worked solo or with a team to organize and direct large groups of students, teachers, and staff
• Demonstrated and lectured on a variety of techniques and media
• Worked with school’s Publicity & Marketing Department to creatively market and promote school events throughout Hong Kong and mainland China
• Worked with a bilingual team to produce artwork and marketing materials using English and Chinese language
• Designed and created numerous publicity and marketing materials for the school including banners, posters, postcards, event flyers, notebooks, key chains, T-shirts, digital media, commercial advertisements, booklets, books, brochures, etc.
• Curated school’s first school-wide art exhibitions
• Managed and art directed school’s first art gallery 2004-05 Substitute Teacher, Midland County ESA, Midland, MI
2004 English as a Second Language Instructor, US-China Education & Culture Exchange, Qingzhou, Shandong Province, China; and Hangzhou and Lishui, Zhejiang Province, China
2001-02 Resident Assistant, The Savannah College of Art & Design Residence Life, Savannah, GA
EXHIBITIONS & PUBLIC PROJECTS
* Indicates Solo Show
• Consequences: A Girls’ Night Out, Group Exhibition at Economist Gallery, Fringe Club, Hong Kong, April 2009
• Reasons to Love... Valentine’s Window Display & Exhibition at Lane Crawford, Pacific Place & Lane Crawford, IFC, Hong Kong, February 2009
• A Taste of France: Food and Art Exhibition at Sopexa’s French Christmas Fair, Lee Gardens One, Hong Kong, December 2008
• Galleri Magazine’s Classy Dirty Exhibition, DADA Lounge, Hong Kong, December 2008
• Faces of Fashion: A Wearable Collaboration Between Kanchan Couture & Emily Eldridge, L’Atelier de Kanch, Hong Kong, November 2008
• E+E: Illustrations by Emily Eldridge*, Philia Lounge, Hong Kong, October 2008
• Insight Garage Art, Garage Gallery, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia, September 2008
• Sensory Runway, Fashion & Art Exhibition, Cliq, Hong Kong, August 2008
• Mural commissioned for M&J Hostels, Rome, Italy, July 2008
• Separate Realities, Yew Chung International School, Hong Kong, June – August 2008
• Mural commissioned for Yumla Bar, Pottinger Street, Hong Kong, May 2008
• Diverse Expressions, Yew Chung International School, Hong Kong, June – August 2007
• Color Drawing, Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport, Savannah, GA, 2001
Annie Gotterson, “Colouring Hong Kong”, Perspective Magazine, February 2009, 124-127.
U-Magazine, A Taste of France Insert, “Emily Eldridge”, December 12, 2008, 17.
Katie Lau, “Wall or Nothing”, South China Morning Post, November 14, 2008, C1.
Kate Barnett, “New Illustration by Emily Eldridge”, www.LostatEMinor.com, October 13, 2008.
DIE GESTALTEN VERLAG (GERMANY)
Tangible: High Touch Visuals, January 2009 (Installation Art piece featured) (ISBN: 978-3-89955-232-4)
YEW CHUNG INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (Hong Kong)
The Language of Art, June 2008 (Graphic design & layout)
HCI PUBLISHING (USA) Girlology: Hang-ups, Hook-ups, & Holding Out: Stuff You Need to Know About Your Body, Sex, & Dating, (Cover Illustration) June 2007 (ISBN-13: 9780757305863)
Girlology: A Girl’s Guide to Stuff That Matters, October 2005 (ISBN-13: 97807573
2005 – present Yew Chung International School, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
TRAVEL/FOREIGN LANGUAGES SPOKEN
- Extensive travel throughout Asia & surround including Hong Kong, China, Mongolia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Cambodia, Japan & Australia
- Extensive travel throughout Europe & North Africa including Germany, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy & Morocco
- Intermediate-level spoken and written French, Conversational spoken Cantonese
Should you be interested in working with the artist, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.